Because of the shorter lifespan of our pets, Pollock Pines Veterinary Hospital stresses the importance of an annual physical examination. Thorough check-ups and preventive care can help alleviate serious health problems. We offer a wide range of veterinary services to keep your companions feeling their best.
Preventative care is your pet’s first line of defense. Annual exams help by preventing, diagnosing, and treating disease in its early stages, often before any noticeable symptoms begin. The earlier treatment starts, the more effective it is, keeping your pet from unnecessary pain and suffering.
Puppy and Kitten Care
Do you have a new puppy or kitten? Congratulations! We can help your furry baby start off on the right paw with these important services:
• Vaccinations with boosters are especially important for young puppies and kittens as they do not have full immunity from many serious infectious diseases. For example, the parvo virus in dogs and panleukopenia in cats are both deadly gastrointestinal diseases. It’s critical to ensure your puppy or kitten has completed the entire series of combo vaccinations to keep him or her protected.
• A wellness visit is important because this exam helps us detect possible health problems early. Common, treatable problems can be found before they are noticed by their owners.
• Spaying or neutering your pet has health benefits, in addition to helping with pet overpopulation. Spaying your puppy or kitten before her first heat offers the best protection from uterine infections and breast tumors. Neutering your male pet helps prevent testicular cancer and certain prostate problems.
• A microchip provides secure, reliable, and permanent identification, which greatly increases the likelihood that your pet, if lost, will be returned to you.
• Fleas, ticks, and heartworm-carrying mosquitoes are out in full force all year long. We can help you choose the best parasite preventions for your new pet.
We are also happy to answer any nutritional and behavioral questions you may have about your new friend. Give us a call at (530) 644-5421 to schedule an appointment.
Annual Veterinary Exams
Pollock Pines Veterinary Hospital’s comprehensive annual exams for adult pets thoroughly evaluate general appearance, skin, lymph nodes and mucous membranes, as well as musculoskeletal, respiratory, nervous, circulatory, digestive and genital/urinary systems.
Updated vaccinations are a highly effective way to prevent many common diseases and infections. For dogs, that means parvo, distemper, leptospirosis, lyme, influenza, bordetella, rattlesnake and rabies. Cats need vaccinations for feline leukemia, distemper, and rabies.
Preventatives are simple to give and effective. We also have a 6 month and 12 month injection for the privation of heart worms as well. We can help you select the best option for your pet.
Proper nutrition supports your pet’s bodily processes, bolstering their immune system and ensuring normal development. The amount of food you offer your pet makes a difference, too. We can help you with a nutrition plan that keeps your pet healthy and happy.
We recommend exams with regular lab work at least once a year for our senior companions. Pets age more rapidly than humans, which means diseases and illnesses progress more quickly as well. The good news is dogs and cats are living longer today thanks to advances in veterinary medicine. While older pets are faced with more age related conditions that impact the quality of their lives, we are here to partner with you to help your pet age well.
Do you know the number one disease affecting cats and dogs today? If you guessed dental disease, you are right! According to the American Veterinary Dental College, most dogs and cats have some evidence of periodontal (dental) disease by the age of 3, and it often goes untreated.
In late stages, bacteria can enter your dog or cat’s blood stream and may cause severe problems for the heart and other vital organs.
At Pollock Pines Veterinary Hospital, we understand that dental disease is a preventable issue. We strive to provide you with the at-home tools and in-clinic treatment to maintain good oral health and prevent dental disease. In addition to regular dental exams, we offer:
• Anesthetic cleaning and polishing
• Digital dental X-rays to see below the gumline where most dental disease is present.
• Extractions when necessary
• Oral surgery
Call us today for a dental consultation with one of our trained veterinary staff!
No pet parent looks forward to the day their beloved best friend must “go under the knife,” but surgery is often the most effective way to treat serious injuries and disorders. Pollock Pines Veterinary Hospital is proud to offer surgical expertise in our surgery suite with the latest equipment.
Our hospital provides a full range of surgical services ranging from standard spaying and neutering to advanced, highly specialized procedures. Our surgery specialties include:
• Foreign body removal
Patient safety and comfort are our main priorities. Our experienced veterinary team provides skilled pain management during and after all surgical procedures, ensuring your pet recovers quickly and with minimum discomfort. We utilize the safest available anesthetics to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high-risk patients. Using the most modern equipment, the patient’s vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
If you are considering veterinary surgery for your pet, please contact us to schedule an introductory consultation by calling at (530) 644-5421
At Pollock Pines Veterinary Hospital, we honor the faith pet parents put in us by striving to improve our practice in ways both big and small. We believe in learning something new every day and passing that knowledge on to you so that you feel empowered to take the lead in your pet’s life. Getting to play a part in your best friend’s life journey is a privilege we don’t take lightly. Regardless of where your pet is on that journey, you can count on us to be here every step of the way.